Français:Configurer une connexion VPN avec l'eibPort
From bab-tec.de wiki
Setting up VPN connection with eibPort
Enable the VPN server of the eibPort
Browse the eibPort menu “System” > “Configuration” > “VPN settings” and enable the VPN-server. The user name “vpn” is not changeable, and the password must be minimum of 10 characters long and should contain upper and lower case letters as well as numbers and special characters. The VPN IP addresses are already entered by default (eibPort VPN IP = 192.168.42.42, Client VPN IP = 192.168.42.100). These addresses should not be the same as are used in the local networks in which eibPort or VPN-client are placed. If the virtual IP address has to be changed in the eibPort, they have to be within the same subnet (255.255.255.0). That means that these addresses must be the same in the first three parts whereas the last part must be different. Example: In the address space 172.16.0.x only at the point “x” two different numbers (0-255, but not “0” and not “255”) must be entered.
- The VPN-address space should not comply with the space in which VPN-client or eibPort are part of.
- It is only allowed to use private address space.
- The address space 10.0.0.0/8 can cause problems with windows systems.
- Please choose a safe password.
In order to establish a VPN connection through the internet the router onsite needs a port forwarding rule. The necessary port number is 1723 (TCP).
Establish VPN connection:
In order to establish the connection with VPN-server of the eibPort, a new network connection “VPN” must be created (if it is not done before) in the corresponding windows menu. With Windows 7 please proceed as follows:
- Access the “Network and Sharing Centre”.
- Click on “Create connection or a network”.
- Choose the option “Connection between network and my workplace”
- Choose the option “No, create new connection”, if necessary.
- You want to use “The internet connection (VPN)”.
- Please enter the external/WAN IP address or hostname of the router for the eibPort network, into the array “Internet address”.
- Enter the “username” and “password” for the VPN connection. A “domain” must not be set.
- Push the button “Connect”!
The Windows VPN-Client now tries to establish a connection to the eibPort by using the entered access data. If the connection is successful, you will reach the eibPort by entering the IP address which is displayed in the eibPort menu (“eibPort VPN IP” = 192.168.42.42) into your browser. If the connection can not be established successfully please choose the option “Set up connection anyway”. By this it is been applied as a new connection within the network connections of Windows so that it can be adjusted or restarted at any time! You will reach the connection overview by accessing “Control Panel” > “Network and Internet” > “Network connections”.